The experience of underwater adventure depends on you feeling comfortable and prepared for the challenges. It is crucial that you adapt the latest technology equipment and athletic wear suitable for your fishing quests. Technology has designed line, which is invisible underwater, reels capable to put brakes on 3,000 lb. deep-sea Goliath and rods that can bend but not break.
Fishing apparel has also benefitted from advanced technologies. Clothes seem to have magic powers like sweat disappear instantly, resist to most powerful body odour, repel bugs offering invisible shield, block UV damages with extra cool efficiency, and convert wind into personal AC. Visit fishing tackle shop to get an idea of the technology visible in angling apparel.
What to look for while shopping angling apparel?
Any kind of clothes you shop for, it is necessary to check the fabric and fitting prior buying to ensure it matches your needs.
Hats or caps
UV rays paired with sea wind is equal to bad hair and skin. Therefore wear a hat or cap, whenever you are outdoors. They conceal shiny dome or unruly hair as well as offer shade from sunrays. [Tip: water acts like mirror and reflects sunrays, so exposure gets intensified. Make sure to apply high SPF sunscreen cream for protection from sun.]
Cotton T-shirt and full-fledged fishing shirt both can be worn but the difference between them is T-shirts are comfortably worn at any occasions but fishing shirt are specially designed for angling tasks. Make sure to look for –
- Well-designed sleeves along with yoked back is crucial for overall movement.
- High collars offer extra neck protection from UV rays. Adjustable collars allow to wear them down or up according to conditions at the sea.
- Vented mesh back to catch cold breeze keeping skin cool.
- Swiss arm tabs will covert long sleeves to short sleeves with a fabric piece, which buttons above elbow and holds the sleeves.
- Long tails to remain tucked in.
- Pockets in right places for accessibility and convenience.
- Rod holders on shirts allow handiness, when fly-fishing.
Pants or shorts
Pants and shorts comfort level depends on fabric and fitting. What you need to look for –
- Convertible pants or shorts are versatile for example, pants can be worn on chilly mornings. Quickly unzip and convert pants into shorts, when weather turns warm, after noon.
- Pockets need to be at right places and deep enough, so that things don’t fall down. Mesh pocket lining is perfect for easy drainage, while wading through deep waters.
- Adjustable waists with full or half plastic or adjustable straps are good for custom fit.
- D-rings for attaching keys or tools.
- Ankle zippers
Cotton, polyester, nylon, and other blends have been introduced for making the angling garment better. Some enhancements are included in the fabric like insect repellent, stain resistance, UV protection, and odour control.
Technology has allowed to design fishing apparel that are more comfortable and functional than before.